1. There should be a national nighttime curfew to prevent night flights.
2. 65 DNL is an unacceptable criteria for aircraft noise impact.
3. Aviation noise is a growing problem.
4. Residents whose property loses value due to aviation noise should be compensated.
5. A majority of FAA and airport officials should be required to live within a 65 DNL noise contour.
6. The FAA's noise abatement goal should be to reduce the frequency and intensity of aviation noises.
7. Local control of airports should be increased.
8. Flight paths should be chosen more carefully and enforced.
9. The noise exemption for aircraft under 75,000 pounds should be removed.
10. Pristine, and culturally/historically-sensitive land and parks should be protected from all aviation noise.
Special questions related to sleep interference:
11. Aviation noise causes me to fall asleep later than I otherwise would.
12. Aviation noise makes it difficult to fall back asleep if I'm awoken at night.
13. Aviation noise wakes me up at night.
14. Noise has been shown to affect a person's quality of sleep even when they are not aware of it. Even when aviation noise doesn't wake me up, I feel more tired in the mornings from sleeping in a noisy environment.